Graduate Research Assistant
M.S. Student, Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Lucas A. Djehdian is a M.S. student in the Energy-Water-Environment Sustainability program in Civil Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His undergraduate research consisted of employing GIS to understand the watershed dynamics in the greater Chicago area, and identifying leaks and the embedded energy in an uphill water distribution system.
Lucas graduate research consists of cooperating in the development of a GIS-based holistic stress and reliability assessment and decision support software platform that studies the connection between food, energy, and water resources in cities across the United States. The goal is to model urban operational environments to make reduced-risk decisions and plan optimized response to extreme events such as droughts and heat waves.
- Urban Food-Energy-Water Nexus Vulnerability
- Urban water sector
- Sustainable and resilient cities
- Urban demography dynamics
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016
- 2017 AWWA Larson Aquatic Research Support Scholarship
- 2016 Illinois Water Conference Poster Presentation Runner-Up
- CEE Interdisciplinary Program Fellowship
- College of Engineering Dean’s List
- James Scholar
- William A. Oliver Endowed Scholarship